Since 2016, the country has gradually promoted the development of intelligent transportation. The Ministry of Transport issued the “13th Five-Year Development Plan for Transportation Informationization”, which calls for accelerating the construction of smart transportation. The National Development and Reform Commission and the Ministry of Communications issued the “Implementation Plan for Promoting “Internet +” Convenient Transportation to Promote the Development of Intelligent Transportation”. It is required to basically realize the timely acquisition of traffic dynamic information through the mobile internet terminal in 2018, and basically realize the “communication card” interconnection and intercommunication among key urban groups. .
On the other hand, due to the gradual expansion of the automobile market, there are 40 cities in the country with more than one million cars. The traffic congestion has become the norm in the city. Therefore, under the promotion of economic development and urbanization, the wisdom of traffic Demand, especially the need for intelligent public transportation, is imminent.
The RFID Bus Priority project is launched under such a background. For public transport priority projects, the purpose is to make urban public transportation more convenient and fast, to encourage citizens to use public transportation, and to reduce the use of private cars. Optimize the traffic environment, reduce traffic jams; optimize the living environment, reduce exhaust emissions, and reduce pollution.
RFID bus priority system features
1. It can improve the speed and efficiency of public transportation and shorten the transit time of public transportation at traffic lights.
2. Effectively reduce the number of bus stops, energy waste caused by frequent start and stop, improve stability and on-time rate
3. Real-time mastery of the bus operation status, the dispatch center can control and dispatch the bus decision
Principle of RFID bus priority system
1. Install an RFID reader at the intersection of the signal light, and issue and install the RFID tag with the binding information for the bus.
2. When the bus travels to the RFID reader reading range, the RFID reader reads the tag information on the vehicle and uploads the read information to the bus priority system.
3. The bus priority system proposes priority application to the central signal control system of the traffic management department, and the traffic control department system processes the request and gives priority results to achieve priority scheduling operation.
4. After the vehicle leaves the reader recognition area, the signal control system enters the signal state recovery state until the signal state is restored, and the signal prioritization process is completed.
The use of RFID to achieve the bus priority system not only has a mitigating effect on the congestion of urban bus operations, but also cultivates the habit of urban citizens to develop public transportation, thereby reducing the emissions of private cars, achieving energy saving and emission reduction and reducing pollution.